Our recipe for Growing Giants
Nutrition and Health
ACFS contributes towards the physical, emotional, social wellbeing, and cognitive development of children between 0 and 18 years.
- Undernutrition is reduced among children
- Improved healthy environments for all children
- Improved nutrition education to enable better lifelong dietary habits
ACFS ensures inclusive and equitable access to quality education for all children by providing infrastructure and resources at all ACFS child friendly destinations.
- Improved school completion rates and enhanced inclusive and stimulating learning environments for children
- Improved quality of basic education and create a skilled and capable workforce to support an inclusive growth path
Food security & Livelihood (FSL)
Increase food availability, accessibility, resilience and economic participation in sustainable food ecosystems for vulnerable households.
- Improved food security to ensure communities are self – reliant and become sustainable and thrive
- Improved number of local businesses for food productions within communities (Commercially viable enterprises)
Youth Economic Empowerment
ACFS promotes young people to acquire knowledge, skills and confidence they need for selfstainability and job creation.
- Young people acquire the skills and resources to compete in local markets, as well as fair and equal access to economic institutions.
Households and ECD centres have improved coping strategies and are able to withstand shocks and unforeseen adverse events.
- Improved community capacity to prepare, mitigate and respond to disasters